How to contribute to open source with Webpack
I invited Webpack core team member Sean Larkin onto a Google Hangouts session as we paired on contributing to Webpack. You'll see how to:
- Clone Webpack and get it running locally on your machine.
- How to find code in the Webpack repository that's good for a pull request.
- How to run the Webpack tests to ensure your work hasn't broken anything.
- How to run ESLint to ensure you're following the code standards of the project.
- How to open a pull request against Webpack.
- Sean's workflow for reviewing pull requests.
Even if you don't want to contribute directly to Webpack, this video should help you contribute to any open source project that you're interested in.
PS: it's definitely worth making the video fullscreen or viewing on Youtube so you can see things more clearly.
You can find the pull request I opened on GitHub. Once again, huge thanks to Sean for taking the time to do the video with me. Happy contributing!